Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Peachy story

 It is the season of fruit.  It is the week of fruit.  Friends give me a box of plums that I have cooked up and must freeze.  My daughter and granddaughters have picked over 12 pounds of blackberries.  The little ones consider picking berries a field trip and would probably do it daily this month if their mother would take the time and my freezer was large enough to freeze the bounty.  To top off the week, the peach trees is producing as it has never in eight years.  I have been calling that my shade trees but after this year I have to stop that habit.  Oh, what method of preserving am I going to use for the peaches?

I still have the apple, the raspberries, pears to go.  The blueberries and the figs we have been eating along the way.  I am a wealthy woman, I have to say.

No comments:

Post a Comment