Friday, December 31, 2010

End of Year- Things I've learned this year

I am a poor speller because I mispronounce words so frequently.

One can use folded grape leaves in making pickles instead of using alm.  Alm, some believe, has too much aluminum.

Only white people under 30 voted for Obama.

There is a phrase out there "Oprah t.v. look"  I guess it means you are really ugly but you can have a t.v. look.  I bet I have that-the no makeup and then the groomed make up look.

When served Chinese carry out and your husband pulls over the plate of fortune cookies and process to eat one after another not stopping to read the fortunes, it is time to acknowledge the his Alzheimer has processed to a new level.  Also, the man need more cookies in his life!

I miss my trips to Chicago that I had for years.


I am so happy my children and grand children have the gift of languages.  I think I skipped up my portion and gave it to them.

There is a point in my life when the curiosity of newness and adventure have been replaced with contentment with the familiar.

My backyard is the spot I am at most peace, find endless wonder and mentally   can redesign and improve each year.

The persimmon on my tree this fall was such a surprise I actually smiled at its sight.

Chickens offer a rhythm to life that is enriching. They are amazing, they are curious, they are great followers and change eating habits of the adults around them.

Kindness is under rated and intelligence is over rated by society in general and maybe me in the past.

Some people think life's purpose is find a goal, I believe it is find what lessons are to learned.  I was born in this life time to learn certain lessons about being a better individual.  Some people were put into my life to teach me patience, forgiveness and understanding while others were to show examples of greed, bullheadness or ignorance.  How I handle each is my lessons for this life time.  It would be hard to learn all this one time around, so reincarnation makes sense to me.

I do believe in God and angels.  Angels are easy if you have had children, you have seen examples the angels have worked hard to keep them safe.  My God is not on billboards or in commercials or in buildings, very personal.

Routating vegetable crops is much harder than it appears.

People in past centuries were just of bright, ambitous and smart as we are today. Greed, political corruption in some form is part of the human beings and is ususally connected to power. 

Earth will survive and recover even if the human race goes though a period of decline and die off.

No comments:

Post a Comment