Saturday, January 29, 2011

Yogurt

         Currently I am making my own goat milk yogurt weekly.  I have decided to use goat milk because the production of goat milk in this country is still done for the most part by conscientious small farmers.  I have found a good source at a reasonable price. http://www.everything-goat-milk.com/goat-milk-vs-cow-milk.html   There is many good thing vitamins wise for this choice and I get cow's milk benefits with cheeses I eat.

          One of the reasons I believe eating yogurt daily is important is because our food supply is has so many GMO plants which also have pesticides and insecticides built into the seeds. This has to do damage to our gut so maybe the daily yogurt helps balance this out.

           Using only about a half cup a day I add fruit, a tablespoon of honey and flex seed oil, and nuts or sunflower seeds, plus a teaspoon of Maca.  I find Maca a real energy booster for me.  It was suggested by a caregiver of Phil's and she talked about taking it daily.  After some research I found it something that interested me.  It affects me quicker and with more energy that ginseng.  By the time all the other items are added to the bowl of yogurt it is a cup of power house to start each morning.  I notice a drop in energy if I go a few days without it.

            My homemade yogurt is plain and to my taste better than any commercial brand.  I enjoy Greek yogurt from the store but my own has to been much less expensive and fresher than any store purchase.  My little pouches of frozen fruit from last summer make this breakfast totally my own. 

No comments:

Post a Comment