Friday, August 20, 2010

Black Rocks

           There is this young couple that purchased the house near us and it was clear to John and me that they were cashing in on the good fast loan money available a few years ago.   They rented out a couple bedrooms of the five bedroom house to friends the first few years, forgot to landscape the yard and worked really long hours.  As time past, the renters went and with a couple work Saturdays with friends help, some cast offs shrubs at the end of the season sale and from our yard, they started to landscape their lot.  A season or two later, too many bushes, a change of heart on my part, more bushes  went to  their yard. 

          Little conversations monthly happen early in the morning with the dog walking so there is a small details exchanged about our lives.  Mr. works as a grocery store manager and she is a state worker and they are the parents to the loudest four pound white dog on the street.  He is could be a star in an makeover dog show.  Recently, bad dog was joined by a new sibling.  Not sure what to will happen to the young one and if it will live. 

         It warmed my heart last fall as I saw the longest limo made come up to their house one morning.  I really thought must have something to do with the fact they are finally are getting married.  From my computer room I saw couple after couple arrive and gather and they all motored off.

         A week later Ms. told me it was a four day holiday in Las Vegas for a group of friends.  Good for them, limo to the airport.

         The couple has been employing a guy between jobs for the last couple months for yard work.  The guy has been doing a lot of detail work and we have had a couple conversations.  At first, I was afraid they were going to sell.

           Today the strangest thing happened , the gardener and his friend were removing black rocks from the property rain ditch  and after asking for the my wheelbarrow,  I asked what were they going to do with all those black rocks .

            My fruit trees now are of the Mediterranean style with black rocks at their base to gather the heat of the noon day sun and  reflect back  during the cool of the night.  I smile thinking about my warm trees.  Boy, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment