Saturday, August 28, 2010

Shorewood, Wisconsin Health Care Story

 A True Story about 'a health care system' in United States. The ending has not happened, the person is still under the same conditions , it is an email from a friend in the area. A couple years ago I saw a t.v. story about a Kaiser hospital dropping off people in L.A near a homeless shelter, at the point, I knew for sure, it was unusual.  Is it really?  Reading this I understood the shock and surprise seeing this first hand.  This not a ghetto, this is Shorewood!

"""The antics next door will probably kill me if not the man.  He came home from the hospital at 2:30, afternoon, via ambulance -- to an empty house wearing JUST A DIAPER -
apparently they had a cover on him in the chair but it fell of or he took it off.  Leg very
swollen, infected, boot on the foot.

He called ME ON LIFELINE at 4 -- I was working -- didn't get the call -- who gave them my
name and number and why would I be the first call.

They say he is "competent".  That must be why he called me at 4, when I got there didn't
know why he called me and then since he's so aware, that's why he thinks having his foot
on the ground is "elevated".  man o man o man o ma.  I CANNOT tell you how much time
I spent on the phone and how many people now I'm sure think I'm a class A bitch and I
don't care.

I said to the "nurse" at the Jewish whatever group that are his social workers/caretakers,
so this is an example of your standard of care apparently -- she said of course not!  Ha! 
Then called back and said "his team" was fully aware of his situation.

I said great.

No dignity - I was to be the first one to see him -- only in diaper - how embarrassing for
him and quite frankly for me

He aid that came not until 6 had no clue what the boot was for, the swelling was from, if
she could stand him -- which by the way is hard on a good day with two palsied legs,
much less did she know anything about the infection/elevation of leg and what a diabetic
diet meant.

Called Columbia Hospital -- what the heck are you thinking - -a. switch of staff - don't have his
chart - called back -- said his "people" knew about the release.

Talked to social worker -- didn't answer - talked to someone without a clue - said they'd
check it out on Monday - asked her her name, asked her to document my call, said I was
reporting them to the Department or Regulations and Licensing, the attorney from the
state whom I was with yesterday - and I will.""""

No comments:

Post a Comment