Tuesday, October 19, 2010

the planet and different places

    The blessing about getting older is that the end of learning doesn't stop.  I have been encouraged by my daughter to see a film COVE for over a year and I resisted all this time because of the violence I thought I would see.  Finally tonight I saw the film.  It was an education about dolphins and Japanese culture in general.  It was mostly about a group of individuals that came together to show the world about the value of sea life.  I would say that anyone that doesn't see this film is missing something deeply sacred about this planet and uniquely beautiful about dolphins.
      http://www.rpi.edu/~eglash/eglash.dir/afractal/afbook.htm
So often I believe western intelligence as being so superior.  As I grow older I understand a world of views that are different and totally centered from a place I do not recognize, cultures strange to my heritage.  There are places of equal genius and if I was more open, I probably would smile and even laugh at the wonder of it all.  The above site was passed on to me by my son, some woman were just lucky in who they know.

No comments:

Post a Comment