Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Notes for the end of April

"Grandma, did you ever hear my Dad speak Indian?"


"No, Ahman.  I don't think I have but I know he likes to do accents and he has a good ear for it."


"Well, he is so good and you know I am part Indian and it doesn't bother me at all but it bothers my Mother.   You have to ask him to do it for you, it is so funny."


Too many rabbits this year in the area.  I have daily visitors.  One morning Daisy and I walking, saw seven in the first five minutes.  Where are the fox and the coyotes?   You would think it would be easy to pug up all the holes under the fence but it is a challenge.

Chickens play football!  Well, it is a form of football.  One chicken finds a worm and runs, which attracts a lot of attention.  Then a second chicken grabs it and tears it in half, the third may pick up part of dropped worm from the first and then down the field they go.  It is all a game of run, throw and caught and in the meantime, the morsel of food becomes an eatable size.   Chickens are teachable, have different personalities yet must have the smallest brains for body size.  I have assigned I Q  rankings for my chickens from the brightest to the less.  Also I have a favorite.  All backyard chicken owners will tell you how much they enjoy their birds and I find that is true for me.



No comments:

Post a Comment